Editor’s Note: EVERYONE is qualified to post on this site. The point is to demystify technology, seeing tech from a none techie perspective helps to achieve this. That said everyone knows Dhebbur is a “Washer” man a crazy one at that and a Techie both by habits and profession.
- Connect the device in USB mode. (Note the Drive letter of the infected drive)
- Go to Start > Run > (Windows Button + R) then type cmd
- The MSDOS prompt shows, then type the drive letter you noted earlier, e.g E: and press enter.
- The MSDOS should show E:\> by now, So, go ahead and type attrib -S -H /S /D * and press enter
- Type exit and VOILA! All your files are back
Please note, the above command will un-hide all your files. Both System files and Hidden files. This is so because;
Therefore, -S would clear all System File attribute and –H would clear all Hidden File attribute (at this stage, you don’t care any longer, because you have your lost but found files already, and you’ve probably closed this page. But I shall go on). /S ensures all your files are processed and /D ensures all your folders are processed.