Maybe you’ve got a hot new leak that you want to try out on your device, or maybe you’re just not feeling a new update and you want to manually roll back to the version you had last, and you’re wondering how to go about it, we’ve got you. Here’s how to Manually install an OS on your BlackBerry 10 device.
First thing to note is that there are different variants of each BlackBerry 10 device and in some cases, the OS are variant specific (meaning you cannot install the OS for one variant on the other) particularly pronounced in the case of the Z10. So firstly, you would want to check what variant you have got. You can do so by going to options> about or typing “myver” without the “” in any text box on your BlackBerry 10 device.
Once you have checked and confirmed your version. Proceed through the following steps:
- Download the OS for your device. The newest leaks as of writing this are here (once again download the correct one for your version).
- Backup your device using the BlackBerry Link software. Which you can get here if you already have it.
- After backing up, disable any device password if you have one. The update process wouldn’t start if one is active.
- As a precaution, delete your SMSes (they are already backed up, you will get them back).
- Connect you device with a USB cable to you device and run (double click) the update file on your Pc.
- Your device will start updating. It may go off a few times but that’s normal. Do not disconnect it till it’s done.
- Restore your phone with your backed up data when it’s done (You will have to manually sign in to all your accounts again). And that’s all.
*****Things to Note:
* This process is a wipe and install process, so it would wipe all your data, you should back up before you try it.
* You’ll need a pc (not Mac, or Linux or anything else) for the update.
* We’ve have tried this on multiple devices successfully, however, if you choose to update by this means, you do so at your own risk. We won’t be liable for any mishaps that occur in the process of updating.