Yesterday saw a much welcomed update to the official twitter app in the Windows Phone store. The App is currently at 3.2.0 and introduces significant changes including improvements to photo sharing. According to twitter, the update brings;
- Tag your friends in a photo to start a conversation.
- Capture the moment by uploading multiple photos to a single Tweet.
- Tweets with Twitter photos, Vine videos and other select content now show a preview in your home timeline
- You can reply, retweet, favorite or follow someone straight from a Tweet in your home timeline.
- Share photos through Direct Messages.
Some other new tidbits are the change from the “@” sign for notifications to the bell that is currently used on other platforms. Noticeably absent in this update was a feature that was seen in a leaked beta from 2 months ago which connected the Twitter application to the new people hub to allow contact syncing and Twitter updates to be posted via the Me Tile.
The update also brings with it a few bugs and one in particular that might infuriate users; Notifications within the new action center seem to always come through duplicated. We are hoping Twitter is working on a fix. Overall, these are welcome improvements to the app but the app still lags in features compared to its iOS and Android counterparts. With the new interest and strong collaborations between Twitter and Microsoft, we hope to see increased support.