When Sony announced the Sony Xperia Z3 at IFA 2014 in Berlin, one of the standout features which was said to be an exclusive to the device was Playstation 4 Remote Play–the ability to use your Z3 as a second screen for playing your PS 4 games remotely.
Someone over at XDA-Developers thinks such a cool feature shouldn’t be restricted to the Xperia Z3 range only and as a result of his hard work, every android device running android 4.0 and up would be able to access and play PS4 games remotely, when Sony officially releases the feature.
If you have got a Playstation 4 and an android device running android 4.0 and up and you want to get it set up already, here’s how to go about it.
- Download the Flashable Zip from the link under “requirements” above.
- Also download the apk from the link above.
- Copy them to your Phone.
- Enter CWM Recovery.
- Flash the ZIP.
- Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Then install the PS App normally.
- After you install the App, when you go to the “Connect to PS4” Tab, you will notice that there will be a small logo for Remote Play which isn’t there normally. Screenshot is given below:
If you have got to this screen, Remote Playing should run on your android device when it is officially available it should work when the app is here. be able to get Remote Play Running on your Android Device.