The 3rd update of The Android M developer preview update which was released at Google I/O 2015 in May has just been concluded and available for download on some nexus devices before its official release later in the last quarter of the year. If you can’t wait for the official release, here’s how to get the build preview on your device.
Note: This process will wipe your device, so please make sure you have a backup before you proceed. The Android M developer preview has only been released for the Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 9 and Nexus Player, so do not try to flash the firmware on any device other than these also Techsuplex shall not be held responsible for any mishaps done to your device but you should do just fine carefully following the procedures below:
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Download ADB Tools and unpack the zip file
- Download Android M preview for your Nexus (and unpack it in the ADB Tools folder). Click on your device version to get the file Nexus 5 | Nexus 6 | Nexus 9 | Nexus Player
- An unlocked boot loader
- USB Debugging enabled on your device
- Nexus driver installed on your computer
- Turn your Nexus off.
- Press and hold Power and Volume Down to restart your Nexus to the bootloader (it should look like this).
- Connect your Nexus to your computer with a USB cable.
- Open your explorer and locate the unpacked firmware you downloaded to the ADB Tools folder.
- Double click the flash-all.bat file and wait for it to finish.
- Your Nexus will reboot and be running the Android M preview
Once your Nexus reboots it should be running the Android M preview. Although you won’t have full functionality seeing that its not the official release, but you’ll get a good look at what everyone else will be getting in a few months time.
Please feel free to share your experience on the build preview and any problems encountered and we’ll be willing to assist. Cheers!
Source: android pit