For most people, the first thing you do when you buy a hard drive is to create a separate partition, and then format it, before you can start storing data.
The major benefit of having separate partitions in a hard drive is, each partition can be isolated from others and can have different file system.
But does it reduce the chances of data loss?
While you may reduce the chances of data getting corrupted by separating the operating system partition from the rest of the data, the separate partitions are not immune from accidental deletion or any other errors.
In this post we’ll share the nitty gritty of partition loss and what you should do when you experience partition loss.
What happens when a partition disappears?
Sometimes you will immediately know when you accidently delete a partition from being clumsy or absentminded. But most of the times you’ll only notice something is amiss when the partition will suddenly vanishes.
Possible causes of partition loss?
- Partition table damage
- Careless operation
- Virus attack/ System Crash
- Bad Sector
What should you do?
If you can’t see a particular partition, first, double check from your Disk Management to ensure that it’s not a case of a partition that is there but unassigned. If you see the partition in your Disk Management with just the drive letter missing, this is easy to resolve – just assign a drive letter to it.
If the above is not the case, and you’re sure that partition is lost from hard drive, then and only then should you find other ways to try and recover the lost partition. Don’t panic though, panic can cause you to be rash and in the process further complicate issues.
Few precautions to consider:
- Stop using the hard drive immediately
- Don’t format the disk
- Don’t try to rebuild the partition table by yourself in case of partition table is damaged.
- Don’t try unsafe ways to recover lost partition
To Recover Lost Partition use Sfware Partition Recovery. Below you will find how to use Sfware Partition Recovery:
SFWare Partition Recovery – Accurate and Effective Partition Recovery Tool!
SFWare Partition Recovery tool as it name suggests, restores lost or deleted partition formatted with a number of file formats including FAT, NTFS, exFAT and HFS file systems. If you don’t find any file type while recovering, it allows you to add or edit new signatures that are not listed. As a result, it doesn’t matter what type of file is lost, this tool can help recover it.
The tool is not limited for recovering deleted data from partition, it can be used in many partition data loss situations including:
- Data Recovery from accidentally formatted partition
- Restores files when partition file system gets corrupted (i.e. known as RAW state of partition)
- Helps to recover damaged partition
- Also, performs partition recovery when it is severely infected by virus or malware
- Supports recovery of partition after repartitioning of hard drive, reinstallation of OS, factory reset, etc.
And, many more…its application also goes beyond computers to other devices, such as external hard drives, memory cards, pen drives, etc. This hard drive recovery software also performs partition recovery from hard drives having interfaces like SATA, IDE, and SCSI. Most importantly, one can use this software to recover data from hard drive which has bad sectors on it. It creates disk image of hard drive by bypassing bad sectors. Finally, the software is fully compatible with all versions of Windows OS, including latest edition Windows 10. For recovering partition from Mac OS X, use SFWare Partition Recovery Mac version.
How does SFWare Partition Recovery Software Work?
First of all, download the sodapdf.com on your computer and install it by following instructions shown on the screen. Once the installation process gets competed, launch the tool and proceed further to get back your partition.
- When main screen appears, select among Partition Recovery and Formatted/Reformatted Recovery option, according to your need.
- In the following screen, select the hard disk drive (i.e. partition) from which files have to be recovered and press Next
- The software starts scanning your drive/partition. In the next screen, you can check progress of software scanning. Wait until it gets completed.
- Once scanning process gets over, it displays recovered files. You can check recovered files either in Data View or File Type View. You can also preview restored files.
- Finally, select the required files and hit Save
Note- If you are using demo version, then you need to activate the software in order to save recovered files as, the save option is disabled in free version.
To recover partition from Mac, get the Mac version and follow the on screen instructions. It is very similar to Windows Partition Recovery procedure.
Don’t want to lose your partition? Then, be a little careful while doing any task on your computer. Most importantly, always backup important data in other devices to avoid any data loss disaster. If by any chance you lose a partition even after taking all the necessary precautions, don’t worry as SFWare Partition recovery tool is always there. Just download and get back your files in a short interval.